Saturday, September 4, 2010

A letter to my son

Dear Robert~
I can't believe how quickly two years goes by. I still miss you every day, but momma, daddy and big brother Mason are moving on; that's the way it's supposed to be. We're not supposed to live in grief. We know that you are safe and in His loving arms and I have faith in the promise that I will hold you again.
We spent August 21st the best way we knew how - as a family. The three of us went to a baseball game, ate hotdogs and peanuts, saw Scooby-doo (Mason's favorite) and watched fireworks. It was a good night. Even still, I couldn't help but to think what it would have been like to have you there with us.





Mason asks constantly when he will have a little brother or sister to play with and to love. He knows who you are, but still doesn't quite understand it all. He wants you here. Daddy and I remind him that every family is different and special and that he must wait on and trust God for his brother or sister; I'm still waiting and trusting, too. 
I'm getting ready for another special ceremony that helps other mommy's and daddy's in our area honor their babies. It's called October 15th Raleigh. It's my special way of honoring your short life and the countless other little lives. It's my way to serve and love, even in the midst of still missing you. 
I know that you can't see me or hear me or even read this, but it helps me still to write this now. You are missed. You are valuable. You are precious to me. You are loved.
Love,
Momma



No comments:

Post a Comment